Sunday 10 November 2013

Pop 'n Cuts Good Bye House Card

Some of our dear friends are leaving England this week to go back to America. (I've had a very tearful time at church today...) We met them at church a few years ago, when they moved here to serve with the US Army. We just saw pictures of their new home, and it looks nothing like this one (this one doesn't have a swimming pool for a start!!), but I thought the house theme was relevant.
I used Karen Burniston's Pop 'n Cuts A2 card base, with her new House insert (which I love!)
I used the accompanying Thinlits House set to decorate the house, and chopped the window down to create a smaller side window, and sill.
All the papers except for the polka dot background are from Crate Paper's 'Pretty Party'.
The clouds are from Papertry Ink, and the sun from Lil Inkers. I cut the banners using Karen's 'Banner and Borders' Thinlits and stamped the top one with an old Melissa Frances sentiment (which is very applicable here - they are a fabulous family!)
 I hand cut the little shrubs, and just put them on folded pieces of card, and the path is hand cut too.  I used a Martha Stewart punch for the leaves, and used Beacon's glue to stick a load of paper flowers and buttons here and there.
 I didn't decorate the card front - just used a Framelits Labels set to create a spot for a message.

Some of products used:


   

7 comments:

  1. As beautiful as ever Helen and a lovely thought, I'm sure they loved it. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so pretty, love the use of designer papers on the house :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love this card! The shrubs and path are a delightful additions, along with the clouds and sun. The dp and colors brighten a sad occasion. Thank you for sharing your considerable talent.
    Marlene L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What attention to details. I love the colors/patterns, shrubs & path.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow. This is wonderfull Helen !! Your work is awesome ! I am still not sure if I want to buy this die. Well, I know I want to, but still haven't bought it, haha. I just posted a harmonica card on my blog...

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I think this might be my new favourite card of yours! Beautifully done and I'm sure they will treasure it.
    Cheers
    Karen A

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute, and I love the springy colors! I'd keep a card like this forever!

    ReplyDelete