Thursday 14 November 2013

October Afternoon Christmas Pop 'n Cuts Card

I absolutely loved this October Afternoon Christmas paper when I saw it, and have wanted to make a card like this with it for a while. 
I used the A2 Pop 'n Cuts card base, with Circle label insert (the one the base comes with).
I made larger matting layers with a paper trimmer, and rounded off the corners by hand.
 I added loads of Distress Stickles to all the details in the scene. In retrospect I would have used something more glittery like ordinary Stickles, though I do like how the Distress version turned out on the trees in the picture below - like snow.
I used one of Karen Burniston's new Circles and Labels Stitched Framelits dies to cut the cream label, and another from the set to create the stitches.
The Merry Christmas design was stamped with versmark ink, and embossed with a kind of flocked powder - very soft and snowy.
 I finished off with some gems, brads, a red border from Karen's Banner and Borders Thinlits set, ribbon and the lovely rusty jungle bells.

Some of products used:


   

8 comments:

  1. So pretty! It's like that paper was MADE for a pop-up card! Everything about this is Helencredible, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what fun paper you found for this card ... awesome card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, Helen! Such a wonderful holiday scene that you brought to life.
    Cheers
    Karen A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen: It took over 24 hours to subscribe to your blog, I must have hit that "send email confirmation button a dozen times. Then, I realized that you are way across the waters. But, I would not be defeated. I LOVE your work especially the pop 'n cuts. I know that Karen is so happy with your work. If it was not for Karen B., I would never have found you. Thanks soooo much for sharing your work. You are truly inspirational and I am so touched!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS...The scene on the paper design looks just like an area in NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever and a fab card. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete