Tuesday 15 October 2013

Accordion Album Hello Kitty Birthday Card

I have a birthday card to make for my friend's little girl (which is sadly late - I have been hopeless at looking in my birthday book lately...) and I thought I would combine Karen Burniston's Designer Challenge to 'Defy Gravity' with some of my favourite bunting!
I used Karen's Accordion Album die to cut four acetate sheets, and then used the same die to cut some patterned paper frames. I snipped out the middle sections from the patterned paper, leaving me with just the flaps to join to the next panel. (My acetate sheets were too small to leave me with the flaps!)
I also cut out card stock frames from the accompanying 'Frame and label, Bracket' die, to stick onto the backs of the patterend paper, to strengthen them.

For the first panel, I used Karen's Love Sizzlit set, to cut the little heart paper clip, and inner heart, and the Sizzlits Card Phrases 3 set for the Happy Birthday. It's a bit hard to see, but I also added a glittery cardstock '2'.

 Through the second and third panels, I made some bunting, using Karen's new Thinlits Banners & Borders set, to cut the larger flags, and added little swirls, again from Karen's Sizzlits Love set. I love how the bunting just hangs there in the air!
I also added a bow from the new Sizzix Bows Bigz die (with a glittery heart from the Sizzlits Love set).

I need to be able to fold this card flat, so made the bow removable, by sticking some velcro to the card, and back of the bow. I'll just pop the bow in the envelope separately.

On the last panel, I had fun making a Hello Kitty figure from a Sizzlits die, and gave her a balloon to hold.
I love the effect of having no backing paper!
This was a fun card to make!

Some of products used:


   

3 comments:

  1. Wow! The clear material works so well on this, Helen. Love the way all the middle pieces float. Very clever to use the bow on Velcro. Awesome as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is super cute, Hello Kitty is adorable holding the balloon complete with glitter accent. Your signature bunting puts the card over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, I wish I could come and play with you. :-) Or be a fly on the wall and just watch you create. This is just SO sweet - I love it. Love it.
    Cheers,
    Karen A.

    ReplyDelete