This is a pre-scheduled post, as hopefully I will be in France when this is posted, where I don't yet know how much internet access I'll have.
I wanted to make a card using one of Karen Burniston's 'Imagery' Pop 'n Cuts inserts - this one being the Chair insert, used in the A2 Card base.
I thought I'd make an outdoor chair scene, and as I had such fun making my sister's gnome card, added a mini gnome here too!
Some of Karen's beautiful Pop 'n Cuts inserts to choose from...
I'm afraid I have rather a lot of pictures!
Here are all the components of the card, ready to have the edges inked with Distress ink, and be assembled.
I didn't end up using all the bits, like the gate or stepping stones, plus I added a few extras, like the mud for the flower border. (Spot the gnome!! I glued him together immediately, because the bits were so ridiculously tiny, I'd lose them.)
I used papers from Basic Grey's 'Mint Julep' 6x6 pad, except for the woodgrain chair, and plain Bazzill papers.
I stuck the larger pieces to the base card first, and had cut out slats in the back of the chair part with a craft knife, before adding that. You can see above that I had to cut some of the chair back away on the floral background. I then added a little grass hill to one side, and some hand cut grass tufts.
I cut the gnome (and various other elements) from Cricut's 'Freshly Picked' Cartridge. It has some great things on it! This gnome is tiny... 1.5 inches tall! I stuck him to the card base on a folded piece of green card.
The vegetable bed was dark brown card stock, mottled with lighter brown and black Distress paint. The plants were cut from the same Cricut cartridge, and the bent under parts of them which I stuck them down with, are hidden by extra strips of painted brown card.
The garden fork is also Cricut.
The flower bed was cut from the smaller flowers on Tim Holtz's Tattered Flower Garland die.
I also added some gardening gloves and a sun hat (Cricut - same cartridge), and I embossed the top layer of the hat with Karen Burniston's Foyer Set embossing folders (in the rug part!)
I cut the sky part into a 'hills' shape, and added Papertrey Ink Clouds (seem to have used them a lot lately), one of which I cut down to match the hill shape. Finally I just added a few bunting flags, to give it a more summery feel.
Incidentally, talking of bunting, it's been commented on recently that I rather like it... it's true! Here is me outside my tent on my recent camp...