Monday 4 February 2013

Sizzix Pop 'n Cuts Bird Cage Card & Dress Form Card

 I had great fun making this card last night - using mainly Tim Holtz and Sizzix products. I went all out pink and girly! I wanted to hang the bunting from the bird cage, so it opens out when you open the card. It works really well!
The challenge at Simon Says Stamp is 'Anything Goes', and this is my entry.
 Papers: Tim Holtz idea-ology Kraft Resist cardstock, and Prima Almanac 6x6 pad
Dies: Sizzix/Tim Holtz 'Caged Bird', 'Scrollwork' On the Edge die, 'Regal Crest' and Pop 'n Cuts with Circle label.
Stamps: Papertrey Ink 'Stitched Sentiments' (The curved sentiments fit really well into the banner from the 'Regal Crest' die)
I also used Copic pens to colour an adhesive pearl black, and to colour the ribbon to the right shade.

 I saw this card on Pinterest, and though I don't have the new Stampin' Up dress dies, I thought I'd do a version with my old Sizzix 'Dress & Accessories' die. The chevron embossing folder is from Stampin' Up, and the paper from Papermania's 'Happy Days' 6x6 pad.

4 comments:

  1. Helen, this is a great Pop 'n Cuts card! Love the banners and the beautiful vintage feel to the card. Your dress card is also lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think your Pop 'n Cuts dies are brilliant - love using them...

      Delete
  2. Love this card! Ditto what Karen said plus the vintagy cards on the bottom, the script in the background - such attention to detail!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card! LOVE your vintage birdcage and all the pretty little details. Your dress form card is so adorable, too. Thanks so much, too to linking to my blog, which led me to discover yours! :)

    ReplyDelete