Tuesday 1 January 2013

Copic Colour Chart

Happy New Year! Got back from London this morning - we watched that incredible firework display, from just across the Thames from the London Eye... totally crazy!!
One of my New Year Resolutions is to spend no money on any more craft stuff till my birthday (in May!) I had a mad splurge on Copics, so will take my time enjoying them!

I made this chart to help quickly pick out which Copic colours I want to use. There are a couple of other similar charts on the internet, which I found really useful in picking out which additional Copics to buy. Going by the colours on the online shops was not the best way of doing it and I made a few mistakes before doing more research. I hadn't realised that the first number of each pen represents a colour shade within a basic colour group (represented by the letters), and that the last number represents the depth of the colour. I hope this picture might be of some use for others starting out with Copic.

2 comments:

  1. Can you list the useful links you found on the internet please, wanting to learn more! Thank you! I love this visual of the markers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry - this was quite some time ago, and I don't have them any more - best bet would be to search for Copic charts on google images or Pinterest.
      Helen x

      Delete