I finally got round to finishing the Aviary fabric quilt, which I pieced together last summer in France.
I added on a border in Kona Snow, and then did simple quilting in the ditch for the main piece. I don't think I like quilting on the bias, because the quilt seems to come out a bit 'puffier' than when I am quilting normally.
I couldn't really decide what quilting to do in the border, but came up with this scallop & lines pattern. The resulting quilt is quite old fashioned looking I think, and I'm not sure if I 100% love it yet. I rounded off the corners too (using another dish!), and cut my binding fabric on the bias, so it would stretch nicely round.
It's the largest quilt I've done - an English double bed sized.Ready for trimming, and binding.