Wednesday 10 February 2010

A few bits

Got my stand-in Ebay camera this morning, so here is what I have been up to this past week...
I put the squares of Jack's giant cushion together. I'll quilt the top (not that I have even tried any actual quilting yet!!), and I also want to add some hand stitching around the smaller squares, I think. My Perle #8 Cottons arrived yesterday, so I'll use some of them. I started a new quilt too, using Moda Aviary triangles. I'm just going to have the same pattern repeated all over. I'm awaiting more of the Kaufman Snow material from America now though. It's annoying how ridiculously expensive fabric is in the UK - it's cheaper to buy from America even with postage. (Though if anyone knows good places to buy in the UK, please let me know.)
I'm going to America in a few weeks, and will be making sure there is plenty of room spare in my suitcase!I also made a bag, using the tutorial linked to at the side - the 1 hour bag. It actually took me an hour and a half, but I was on the phone for 40 mins of that. (Sewing machining and chatting at the same time!) I found the instructions are really good and clear, and I've not made anything like that before.

No comments:

Post a Comment