Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Sizzix Pop 'n Cuts 'I Love U' card

 Well my husband will just have to get two cards this Valentines day, as I fancied making another one today (and I rather fancy him too, so that works well!) The kids are off school, and all playing happily, so I grabbed my chance!
I wanted to have a go at a staggered string of bunting (and couldn't resist adding little buttons to some of the flags). I made a floating flag pole, by folding a section at the bottom of one of the poles, and putting it through a slit in the inner card layer.
I tied in with quite a few challenges today, including:
Basic Grey Challenges, to use your favourite things... bunting and buttons definitely!! I also used Basic Grey's Bittersweet paper pad.
CASE Study, who had a brilliant Love/Valentines card as inspiration,
Cute Card Thursday, who had a Love Struck themed challenge,
DCM, who had a Love is in the Air themed challenge,
and finally Papertake Weekly Challenge, who asked for Hearts and/or flowers.
 As well as the Basic Grey papers, I also used Tim Holtz's idea-ology Kraft Resist paper, and the following Sizzix dies: Pop 'n Cuts card base, with the Label insert, 'Scallops' and 'File Tabs' On the Edge dies, Decorative Strip 'Mini Paper Rosettes' and 'Flagpole with Lantern & Sign', Sizzlit 'Phrase, Love', Movers and Shapers Label and Ribbon dies, and Stampin' Up Sizzix 'Bigz Alphabet Typeset' for the 'I' and 'U'. (phew!)

(A little later...)

Many thanks to Karen Berniston from Sizzix, for adding this card to her latest 'Pop[up] Spotted' post on her blog, 'I'm not left-handed' - here - feel very flattered!


10 comments:

  1. HELEN! Brilliant use of the banners to pull up the other pole. You don't even need a floating floor support for this idea because your bunting (love that word) does the work. Such perfect timing as I am composing a "spotted" post right now on my blog and can send people to look at this amazing creation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! I pinned your Floating Floor tutorial from Youtube ages ago, and still want to give it a go - looks fun!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! Crazy good here Helen! I could stare at this for hours and miss something. I love all the fun interactive elements and those awesome banners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant! One of my favorite color combos!

    ~Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is one of the most outstanding cards I have ever seen! WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, what a brilliant design! Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Helen :) the whole design is stunning ! am sure your hubby loved this :)

    Thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x
    p.s I have a candy on my blog if you are interested x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Helen. Somehow missed it in 2013. So glad it popped up on Pinterest just a few minutes ago!

    ReplyDelete