Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Sizzix Pop 'n Cuts Boy's Birthday Card

I struggle a bit with male cards, but used a few challenge blogs for inspiration, and came up with a card for my nephew which I like.
The theme for the Less is More challenge is 'Up in the Air', so I used my Papertrey Ink 'Fly Away' stamps and matching dies, and coloured them with Copics.
I also liked the orangey-aqua colour scheme, twine and circles theme on the inspiration card at CASE Study.
 I printed off the chevron paper (I LOVE chevrons at the moment - am dying to get a chevron maxi-skirt...) anyway, seeing as I am still sticking to my new year resolution of not spending any money on myself till May, I printed the paper for free, using the wonderful Mel Stampz's designs which she has generously shared here.
I also tied in with Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog, by using Stripes and Stars, and using stamps in the design.
I used the Pop 'n Cuts Base die and the accompanying Sizzlits 'Label & Flourish' die, Stampin' Up circle punches, Papertrey Ink cloud dies, Sizzix Doodle Tag Numbers & More Set, and Cricut 'Boys will be Boys' for the lettering and shadow.

10 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Like WOW!!!! This is just amazing. Thanks for playing at CASE Study.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Helen! I especially like the way the chevrons travel right through the age circle. Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is fabulous... not much white space but i love the pop up

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks simply terrific.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! Helen, this is astounding. What a design. I love the way you top the card with clouds & of course the ingenious pop-up - the little flag is too perfect. (my little ol' papers never had it so good!) Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and amazing idea of "pop up" on it. Lovely colours.
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “Stars and Stripes” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Natali

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colours and a fab design, love it! Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous card!!! You are so clever. I love this. I will calm down now and say thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so addicted to your cards right now because I am on a pop 'n cuts kick! TFS!

    kren@
    http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete